- 200 g tuna in oil, drained
- 2 eggs
- 300 g potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 20 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 50 g breadcrumbs + 50 g for coating
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil, for frying
- Boil the potatoes and let them cool. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and pepper, and mash them with a fork.
- Add drained tuna, eggs, grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add 50 g of breadcrumbs and mix well again.
- Place the remaining breadcrumbs for coating in a small bowl.
- Shape the meatball with oily hands and coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Fry the meatballs, turning them often, until lightly golden brown.
- Place them on the kitchen paper to remove the excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can also replace parley with basil leaves.
- For more flavour, add some lemon zest.
- Prepare some creamy sauce for serving, like sour cream with chives and cucumber.
- For a healthier version, you can bake them in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°C. In that case, it is better to press each meatball and make them disk-like.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 Minutes
- Category: Tuna
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Fish
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Sodium: 289mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
Keywords: tuna, seafood, healthy