- 320g short-grain rice
- 400g pumpkin, diced
- 200g pork sausage (Can be beef or chicken), chopped
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a non-stick killed over medium-high heat and cook chopped sausage for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Put extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and cook and stir over medium-low heat until lightly golden. You can add some water while cooking.
- Add diced pumpkin, and cover with water.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook until the pumpkin is tender.
- Mash the pumpkin with a potato masher directly in the pan.
- Add the rice and sausage, and stir for 30 seconds.
- Continue cooking over medium heat by adding a ladle or two of warm broth at a time. Stir often.
- When the rice is “al dente” (cooked and firm under the bite) remove it from the heat.
- Add grated parmesan and stir well for a minute to obtain a creamy risotto.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can serve the risotto sprinkled with some seeds you like for more texture.
- Also, if you already have dry white wine, use 100 ml after adding diced pumpkin, and cook until it evaporates.
- If you don’t have vegetable broth, you can easily prepare it by adding in a pan two large peeled carrots, one yellow onion, 3 garlic cloves and 2 celery sticks. Cover with 1,2 l of water, season with salt and pepper and cook covered over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- Category: Rice
- Cuisine: Risotto
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 647
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 1307mg
- Fat: 26.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8.1g
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
Keywords: Risotto, pumpkin, rice