- 1 kg potatoes
- 250 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 250 g cod fillet
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 1 leek, cut into rounds
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water until soft. Let them cool at room temperature.
- Peel the potatoes, place them in a mixing bowl, and mash them with a potato masher.
- Add softened butter, warm milk, a pinch of nutmeg and salt.
- Mix well with a spatula, cover and set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pan and add the fish.
- Add ½ leak and cook for 8 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Take out the fish, place it on a plate and let it cool.
- Melt the butter in another pan and brown the remaining leak rounds. Cook and stir until lightly golden.
- Gradually add the flour and cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk you previously cooked the fish in and stir until you obtain a thick sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently add the fish to the sauce without stirring much.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and cover it with mashed potatoes.
- Level the surface of the potatoes with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you find some excellent quality discounted shrimps you can add them to the recipe.
- You can decorate the meat by adding mashed potatoes in a piping bag and creating patterns.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Category: Fish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Fish Pie
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 460
- Sodium: 256mg
- Fat: 20.2g
- Saturated Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 42.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 28.6g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
Keywords: fish pie, cod, fish pie recipe, fish dinner