- 1 can red beans
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded or
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded or
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 white onion
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- White pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Drain red beans well and place them into a food processor with onion and peppers.
- Process until you obtain small chunks.
- Transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Shape 4 patties with oily hands.
- Grease a non-stick skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Cook red bean burgers for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serve red bean burgers in burger buns with other ingredients to your taste, just as you would with a regular burger.
- You can also serve them with french fries, grilled vegetables or a salad.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 4-6 Minutes
- Category: Healthy
- Cuisine: Burger
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 477
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Sodium: 55mg
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 72.4g
- Protein: 22.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: burger, bean burger, red beans