- 3 ripe bananas
- 240 g all-purpose flour
- 130 g brown sugar
- 100 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sachet baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas using a fork to obtain a puree.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except for the flour and dark chocolate chips.
- Whisk with an electric whisk at high speed until you obtain a fluffy homogeneous mixture.
- Gradually add the flour, whisking at medium speed.
- When the flour is fully incorporated, add chocolate chips and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for approx. 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Let it rest for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use a toothpick to check if the bread is ready before taking it out of the oven.
- This quantity is for a 25X10 cm loaf pan,
- You can also add different nuts and seeds to enhance the flavour and texture of banana bread.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Banana Bread
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 501
- Sugar: 37.5g
- Sodium: 232mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 11.9g
- Carbohydrates: 76.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
Keywords: banana bread, bread recipe, banana